Updated: Sep 8
Changing the way we think is a constant battle, especially if we grew up with the thoughts we have today as adults. But I truly feel, it is a battle we can win.
I grew up being told i wouldn't be loved or married because of my weight. Those thoughts, haunted me well into my adult years. Eve after losing the weight, I kept seeing the old me and running those thoughts through my head, therefore, I was never happy. I never saw progress, I never saw ME!!
So, with the help of others and listening to Rachel Hollis books on audible, I went to work on my mind. It wasn't easy and sometimes I find myself falling into the rabbit hole, but what I find now is: I don't stay there long.
So, here are some tips and takeaways from things I have read or come across to improve your mindset.
1. Stop accepting your negative thoughts.
2. Never apologize for who you are or what you like.
3. Don't compare yourself to others - you are unique.
4. Try to accept your "flaws" as part of what makes you YOU.
5. Remember that perfection is unattainable without acceptance.
6. Know that acceptance doesn't happen overnight.
Any of them resonate with you?